Hey everyone, it’s Jim, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, polenta chips. It is one of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
POLENTA CHIPS is one of the most well liked of current trending foods in the world. It’s simple, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. It is enjoyed by millions daily. POLENTA CHIPS is something that I have loved my entire life. They’re fine and they look fantastic.
If you make polenta regularly you might have noticed the crust that remains on the bottom and the walls of your pot after you have eaten the polenta. Put away your potato prejudices - polenta chips (fries in the US) are really, really nice. But how to flavour the stodge?
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can have polenta chips using 5 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make POLENTA CHIPS:
- Take 1 cup polenta
- Prepare 1 litre vegetable stock
- Get 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated (optional) to keep vegan
- Get cornflour
- Get 2 cookie trays
These polenta chips are super easy to make and so delicious. They always come out crispy on the outside, fluffy in the middle and so full of flavour! If you have never made polenta chips before, this is the recipe to try. Polenta has a reputation for being bland, but not when made with chicken stock, herbs and garlic.
Steps to make POLENTA CHIPS:
- Medium pot on med-high heat. Add veggie stock, bring to the boil. Add the polenta. Stir continuously for 15 minutes. Reduce the heat to low, cook for another 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat. Add parmesan cheese (optional) mix well. Stand for 5 minutes.
- Butter the trays and line with baking paper. Once the polenta has cooled, pour half the polenta over one of the trays, spread evenly. Do the same with the other tray. Place in the fridge overnight or for 4 hours to firm up.
- Remove from the fridge. Flip tray over on the bench. Peel off the baking paper. Cut polenta into your desired chip size.
- In a bowl, add the cornflour. In batches, roll the chips in the cornflour (this makes them crispy). Remove and gently shake excess flour off. Cook in deep fryer or in a shallow fryer in a pot on the stove or in the oven, until golden brown and crunchy. Serve immediately.
Polenta (cornmeal) is rather strange looking stuff and the instant kind, when boiled up, looks a bit like mashed potato. But when set into a square and cut in to 'chips' it starts to turn in to something rather. Polenta chips with aioli recipe, Viva - There is only one way to describe ovenbaked polenta chips Unwrap polenta and cut into even-sized chips. Line a baking tray with paper. Everybody likes chips, but if you're looking for something that isn't as bad for you as the takeaway chips at the corner ship, these simple Rosemary & Parmesan Baked Polenta Chips are the way to go.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this exceptional food polenta chips recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m confident you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!