Hello everybody, it’s Louise, welcome to my recipe site. Today, we’re going to make a distinctive dish, clear soup with chinese chives and eggs. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Learn how to make Chinese Corn-and-Egg Soup. Stir the salt, ginger and chives into the saucepan, and bring to a rolling boil. In a cup or small bowl, stir together the remaining broth and cornstarch until smooth.
Clear Soup with Chinese Chives and Eggs is one of the most popular of recent trending meals in the world. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. It’s easy, it is quick, it tastes yummy. They are fine and they look wonderful. Clear Soup with Chinese Chives and Eggs is something which I have loved my whole life.
To begin with this recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can cook clear soup with chinese chives and eggs using 6 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Clear Soup with Chinese Chives and Eggs:
- Take 1 bunch Chinese chives
- Take 2 Eggs
- Get 1200 ml Water
- Make ready 4 tbsp Usukuchi soy sauce
- Take 1/2 tbsp Dashi stock granules
- Prepare 1 dash less than 1 teaspoon Salt
Not to mention that I have loads of Chinese chives (also known as garlic chives) in my garden. Chinese chives/garlic chives are a perennial. Once you put the seeds down in a pot or in your garden, they'll grow like weeds. The current obsession with ramps, those wild leeks that go for a premium in farmers' markets and gourmet food stores, had me thinking about my own favorite garlick-y, leek-y vegetable: Chinese chives, or jiu cai.
Instructions to make Clear Soup with Chinese Chives and Eggs:
- Cut the Chinese chives into 3 cm lengths, and mix with the beaten eggs.
- Pour water into a pot, when it boils, add soy sauce, dashi stock powder, and salt and check the taste. Add more if needed.
- Lower the heat, add the mixture of Chinese chives and eggs slowly. Spread it on surface of the soup shaking the pot slightly, then turn up the heat. It comes to the boil quickly, then turn the heat off.
- Cover with a lid, leave for 10 minutes, and it is done! The Chinese chives will cook in residual heat. Warm it up before serving.
Though Chinese chives resemble the more recognizable chives used as herbs, the former are substantial and leafy, which places them squarely in the vegetable rather than the garnish camp. Tips: Eggs should be added LAST, after thickening soup. And, remove saucepan from heat before adding eggs. Add eggs slowly, stirring soup in clockwise direction with wooden spoon. A pinch of white pepper adds depth of flavor.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this special food clear soup with chinese chives and eggs recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am confident you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!