Hello everybody, hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, we’re going to make a distinctive dish, kale, sausage & leftover mashed potato soup. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I’m gonna make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Kale sautéed with Italian sausage, onions, garlic and white beans. Quick and easy! "You've converted me into a kale lover," a friend declared after eating a hearty bowl of this kale with sausage. This soup is packed with nutrition from all the kale and protein packed cannellini beans (and the remaining veggies of course), then I love the depth of flavor the sausage adds.
Kale, Sausage & Leftover Mashed Potato Soup is one of the most favored of current trending meals on earth. It’s appreciated by millions every day. It is easy, it is fast, it tastes yummy. They are fine and they look fantastic. Kale, Sausage & Leftover Mashed Potato Soup is something that I have loved my entire life.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can have kale, sausage & leftover mashed potato soup using 15 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Kale, Sausage & Leftover Mashed Potato Soup:
- Make ready 1 medium onion, chopped
- Make ready 1 large stem celery, chopped
- Take 3 medium carrots, cut into 1/4" thick discs (or however you like to chop carrots for soup)
- Make ready 4 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
- Make ready 1/2 Tablespoon oil
- Take 1 bunch kale, washed well, stems removed, and rough chopped
- Make ready optional: 4 cups arugula or spinach (I just happened to have arugula that needed to get used up)
- Get 6 cups unsalted liquid (water or broth of choice)
- Get 1/2 Tablespoon salt
- Take 1 pound sausage, cut into bite sized pieces
- Get 4 tomatoes, chopped or one 15 oz. can diced tomatoes (I just happened to have fresh ones that were starting to get wrinkly…)
- Prepare 1 bay leaf
- Prepare 1 teaspoon oregano
- Make ready 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Prepare 2 cups leftover mashed potatoes
Gruyère, sausage, and kale is a great seasonal combo; swapping in wholegrain bread adds extra nutrition and staying power. Assembling everything the night before gives the bread the chance to. THIS Smoked Sausage Kale and Potato Soup is everything! Cooked kale and sausage is a delicious winter comfort food.
Instructions to make Kale, Sausage & Leftover Mashed Potato Soup:
- In a 4 to 5 quart pot, bring 1/2 Tablespoon oil up to medium heat and sweat onions, carrots, celery, and garlic until onions start to turn translucent. (About 3 minutes or so.)
- Add kale, arugula, liquid, salt, and cook, covered, for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.1.
- Once kale has wilted, add tomatoes, sausage, bay, and oregano and cook, COVERED, for another 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.1. Add mashed potatoes and cook COVERED again for another 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Before the last 10 minutes of cooking, adjust seasoning if needed.
- Enjoy! :)
Grünkohl is German for "kale", and this Everyone has different ways of eating kale, and one of the most famous is called grünkohl und pinkel. I just wanted to share this awesome, easy soup recipe with you guys. As I said, when Christina Millian posted this on her story. Our sausage and lentil stew recipe is a comforting puy lentil recipe with sausages. Add potatoes, kale, sausages, and chicken broth.
So that is going to wrap it up with this special food kale, sausage & leftover mashed potato soup recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am sure that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!